All Phase is a preventative fungicide and bactericide. Every ingredient is approved by the FDA for use in foods and products that go in our mouths. The active ingredient is potassium sorbate. Potassium sorbate isn’t new. It has been used extensively as a food preservative for well over 70 years. Despite heavy use it is still highly effective at protecting food. Many of the organisms it controls as a food preservative are also plant pathogens.
Here is what makes All Phase unique:
The chemistry of the active ingredient is synthesized, but designed by nature. Millions of people consume the active ingredient in food every day so people shouldn’t be concerned with coming into contact with sprays or residues. Potassium sorbate is one of the most intensively studied fungicide and bactericides ever, with proven efficacy over a wide range of fungi and bacteria.
All Phase has a patent pending to combine potassium sorbate with carrageenan. Carrageenan is a plant based polymer that enables us to bridge the gap between a food preservative and a field ag pesticide.
The advantages of this proprietary formulation:
- Carrageenan has a pH of around 8.5. At a pH above 8.0 almost no fungal growth occurs in the presence of potassium sorbate.
- Carrageenan acts as a humectant, causing less spray drip and increasing drying time. As a result, more active ingredients are in contact with target organisms and wet against target organisms for a longer duration.
- Potassium sorbate has complex and multiple modes of actions that have been verified by scientists from around the world.
- All Phase was proven effective in controlling powdery mildew on Chardonnay grapes in a 2019 field trial conducted by UC Davis.
- Published studies show efficacy of potassium sorbate on a wide range of plant pathogens, including fusarium, botrytis, and aspergillus.
- A published study shows that foliar applied potassium sorbate significantly protected tomato plants from a number of root diseases, including fusarium. By controlling root pathogens through foliar applications, disruption to soil biology should prove insignificant. Systemic movement also has huge implications for controlling trunk diseases in grapevines.
- All Phase can safely be sprayed within hours of a sulfur application.
- All Phase is a sustainable pesticide derived from renewable ingredients.
- All Phase can be used up to harvest and the worker reentry interval is after sprays have dried.
- All Phase is very affordable.