- Release Rates
Orders placed by 12pm PST Monday will deliver Wednesday or Thursday of the following week. For expedited shipping times, please contact us at email@example.com or (707) 301-4275.
Steinernema feltiae is a beneficial nematode, a non-segmented roundworm, that is a useful predator of soil-dwelling pests such as the larvae of sciarid flies, including Fungus Gnats, and Thrips pupae. The nematodes actively search for their prey and penetrate them. The nematodes feed on the contents of the prey, excreting specific bacteria from their digestive tracts as they do so. These bacteria convert host tissue into products that the nematodes can easily ingest. The pests die within a few days.
Unlike the normal formulations that you mix with water, these are encased in hydrogel shell and contain a liquid core with more than 1600 nematodes in each one. Due to their unique formulation, they act as a slow-release mechanism when mixed into substrate, continuously releasing nematodes into the growing medium for up to six weeks.
Open package and mix into substrate at the recommended release rates before adding substrate to potting containers or other growing area.
Suggested rates are 12 capsules per liter of substrate.
Biological beneficials have a very short life expectancy and therefore need to be introduced into the crop as soon as possible after receipt. Failure to do so can have a negative impact on their quality. In case you do need to store the product, please follow the instructions below. Shale Peak is not liable for any loss of quality if the product is stored for longer than recommended and/or under incorrect conditions.
- Shelf life: see package for expiration date
- Storage temperature: 2°C/35.6°F - 6°C/42.8°F
- Store in a dark place
- Only use products that are permitted in your country/state and crop. Check local registration requirements.
- Shale Peak Horticulture, LLC cannot be held liable for unauthorized use.
- Shale Peak Horticulture, LLC is not liable for any loss of quality if the product is stored for longer than recommended and/or under incorrect conditions.